Sunday 13 October 2013

English - Cloze Test - Set -02




English - Cloze Test


                              


Set -02    

                                                            

The first proposal I submitted for my dissertation at UCLA was to write a theory of personality. My chairman, a kindly man, smiled  1. and told me that perhaps this was a bit ambitious for a young graduate student.
               2. , I accepted his verdict and changed my topic, but not my desire. It  3.later, when I had a chance to begin to 4. a theory in my research on group dynamics for the Navy during the Korean War.
                     As I  5. on the reasons for the persistence of my interest in the overarching theory, I had an 6. memory. When I was around eight years old, I was a 7. baseball fan, as was my father. My hero was Lou Gohrig. I would approach my father in an attempt to prove to him how good Gohrig really was: "He hit 363, has 49 home runs, batted in 165 runs He's terrific!" My father's response caught me off guard: "Yes, but he can't field." I wasn't prepared for that. From then on, my way of 8. with my father's responses was to make sure I knew everything about any topic I wanted to talk to him about. Partly as a 9. I became a holist. I had to make sure I had 10. for everything.



Answers :

1.benignly  
2.Indolently  
3.resurfaced  
4.formulate  
5.pondered  
6.interesting  
7.rabid  
8.coping  
9.custom 
10.accounted












COMMENT BELOW






No comments:

Post a Comment